What Is Unconditional Love?
- Affection without any limitations or love without conditions.
- The amount of love between two people is unchanging and unconditional.
- The foundation for a lasting relationship
- To love another person as they are
In Comparision – What Is Conditional Love?
- Must be ‘earnt‘
- Given upon the meeting of conscious or unconscious conditions
- Can be taken away
Why Is Having Unconditional Love So Important?
- To feel supported
- To feel comfortable in being yourself
- To feel safe to make mistakes
- To allow us to have good relationship experiences
- To make us feel valued and important
- To help self esteem
How Do I Know When I Have It?
- When you do not feel the need to keep proving yourself to another
- When you feel safe to be yourself without fear of abandonment
- When another person loves you regardles of your faults
- When people go out of their way to help you without any strings attached
- When you feel that what ever you do will not effect the fact that somone loves you or how much they love you ( even though situations may affect other emotions like trust).
How Do I Know When I Don’t Have It
- Someone makes you feel inadequate
- Someone gives and then withdraws their love and care for you
- You are experiencing abuse
- You feel trapped
- You feel as though your feelings are being messed around with – someone who cares unconditionally for you will respect your feelings
- You feel the need to earn somones love
How Can I show Unconditional Love
- To love someone without conditions you need to be aware of the good and bad of being with them.
- Unconditional Love is not about being blinded by love, but rather the coming to the conclusion that nothing is more important than that love.
- Unconditional love is sometimes more about your actions and the choice to strive for the well-being of another.
- Always ask yourself, “What is the most loving thing I can do for this particular person in this particular moment?”. Love isn’t one size fits all; what might be a loving act toward one person could be harmful to another person.
- Forgive those you love. – Dislike an action but not the person doing that action
- Be flexable. This gives other people the room to find their own feet and path woth you. This is because they feel comforbable to try new things that might fail without fear of judgment from you.
I Have Been Hurt So Many Times Trying To Show Uncondition Love…
Uncondition love can put your own wellbeing at risk. Therefore, you need to check a few things before you give it:
- Are you in the emotional/financial/ mental position to offer unconditional love to a certain person?
- Do you have a duty or responsibility to demonstrate unconditional love and care? E.g. as a parent of young children, a career of an elderly relative.
- Is this person going to be respectful of your feelings? Do not put yourself out there if there is a more than normal chance that the receprical person will hurt you. Giving unconditional love can be amazing but in these situations giving it can make you very vunerable and leave you open to having your good nature abused.
I Feel A Duty To Offer Unconditional Love To A Friend Or Family Member. However, I Am Not In The Position To Offer It. I Feel Guilty.
- Unconditional love is a choice. You do not ever HAVE to give it.
- It is up to your own discresion
- If a close family member or friend has repeatdly abused your unconditional love and care, or shown you none back in return, you may decide the baring upon you is too great to continue to give out that support. And that is OK.
- You must look after yourself as wll as others
REMEMBER: YOU DESERVE TO BE LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY TOO. WHOEVER YOU ARE!