“The most common way people give up their power
is by thinking they don’t have any.”
Why Do I Feel Hopeless?
- If you feel hopeless it’s not because there’s no hope at all in your life. It’s because you feel there’s none.
- It is all about perception
How Many Others Out There Feel Hopeless?
- In a questionnaire done by psychology today: Do you experience “hopelessness”? 6.1 percent said yes. How about “worthlessness”? 5.1 percent said that they feel worthless.
- Both Black and White races are equal in those that are affected.
- Those widowed, divorced, separated or who never settled down are tend to feel more hopeless have much higher average homelessness than the rest of the population.
- More than 1 in 20 Americans ADMIT they feel hopless
How Can I Tackle These Feelings Of Hopelessness?
- Doubt Your Hopelessness – Your hopelessness becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
So, try something different. First, make the decision to doubt your hopelessness. Simply entertain the notion that you could be wrong.
- Try Something New – No one has tried EVERYTHING to make themselves feel better no matter how long they’ve been trying.
- Focus On The Things That Aren’t Hopeless – You can get stuck focusing on what you can’t change instead of looking at the wide range of things you can change. Don’t spend your time mulling over what you can’t change. Focus on all the opportunities you do have to change things.
- Realise You Can Be Happy With Out The One Thing You Are Constantly Trying To Get – If you are lusting after something you will never be happy in the present. You are always anticipating happiness but not experiencing it. hopelessness often comes because things feel unobtainable. So let it go! Needing an expensive car or even someone’s approval. You can live your life right now without it. You do not need it. Sure you can have it eventually, but make them nice extras to your journey rather than the point of your journey. You will have more joy achieving them, than hopelessness trying to reach them.
- Be Present– Linked with number 4, the only thing you can control is the present. You can not change the past or the future right now. Only reality. Take some time to get in touch with the present. Mindfulness activities, grounding techniques all these can be used!
FEELING WITHOUT HOPE? ARE YOU FEELING UNSAFE OR WOULD LIKE SOME SUPPORT WITH HOW YOU ARE FEELING? PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL HELPLINE.