I often find myself mentally, beating myself up, for a lack of a better word. I am subconsciously telling myself all these things without even questioning them. If I’m always beating myself up in my own head, how can I expect to be happy?
I think a lot of women struggle with similar issues too. And men!
Our image of ourself and how we think other people perceive us is very much based on how we talk to and perceive ourselves.
Therefore, I think the journey to happiness really starts in our own head.
But how can we start the journey? Start trying to practice self love….
What Is Self-Love?
Sure it sounds really cliche. However, as we can see from above it could really help us. Change starts at home!
Self-love is defined as:
“regard for one’s own well-being and happiness.”
You don’t have to think you are the bomb, or that you are somehow amazing! That is so tricky for anyone to think about themselves.
Self-love is simply wanting the best for yourself and looking after yourself because you think you are worth that effort.
Once you get over that common misconception. Practicing self-love is a little bit easier.
Some Ideas To Practice Self-Love:
- Forgive yourself for your mistakes
- Occasionally splurge on something for yourself
- Support your own dreams
- Stand up for yourself
- Take a bubble bath (I can’t just sit in the bath. I recommend relaxing spa music, candles, lights out, a mud pack and set yourself a time say 10 minutes, and you can build up as you get better at giving yourself some you time)
- Remind yourself that someone’s opinion of you IS their opinion and not a fact.
- Remind yourself that the things you automatically think about yourself are not necessarily fact! The things you think are most like biased. If you have a negative thinking pattern, you will think more negatively about yourself, than perhaps you are.
- Rest if you need it!
- Learn to accept yourself the way you are.
Self Love Worksheet By Dawbarclay.com
Self Acceptance Work Sheets By Lazymomsblog.com
How useful did you find this blog post? Let me know in the comments below 🙂