1. Material possessions won’t make you better or happier.
2. You can’t make everyone happy. If it is your goal, you are bound to lose yourself.
3. Being perfect is unrealistic. Being a better version of yourself is what you should pursue.
4. Your achievements and successes won’t matter as much as your precious memories on your death bed.
5. The more you want to find happiness in the outside world, the more likely you’ll fail. Happiness is not a treasure to be found, but can be built within ourselves.
6. Your actions speak louder than your words. Stop trying to influence others by what you say, but instead what you do.
7. You will die and you have no idea when. Grasp every moment to achieve what you want in this world. Make memories and find meaning in your life where you can.
Edited from https://www.ideapod.com/idea/8-Hard-Truths-People-Dont-Like-To-Admit-But-Youll-Benefit-A-Lot-If-You-Do/57e09c3b165eb82c120add17