Source: Pet Friendly Plants
Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
I love houseplants, but I have yet to determine whether or not I really have a green thumb. Now that we have furr-babies (2 cats and a dog) I want to make sure that my houseplants are not toxic. Here’s my list!
10 HOUSEPLANTS THAT ARE DANGEROUS TO CATS & DOGS:
- Aloe Vera Plant – Bummer! I love aloe plants and have two of them so I have immediately moved them upstairs to the critter-free zone.
- Philodendron – Yikes! This houseplant is a common crowd-pleaser because it is very resilient and hearty, but is dangerous to our pets. I’m glad that it has been a hanging plant.
- Jade Plants – Oh man! These are supposed to be good luck plants, but are also bad your the critters.
- Cyclamen- No More! These beautiful blossoms are not good for cats and dogs.
- Lillies – It’s back to the field for you! I knew that lillies are very bad for cats and dogs. The residual pollen should be a tip-off.
- Elephant Ear- Say What?!?! I’m not familiar with the elephant ear, but now I know to look out for it.
- Dieffenbachia– Don’t you know that you’re toxic?!?!
- Corn Plant – No corn for me or you! This plant is also known as dracaena, dragon tree, or ribbon plant.
- Satin Pothos – Beware! This plant closely resembles the philodendron so it’s safe to say that if they look anything like that then they are probably dangerous.
- Asparagus Fern – I’ll pass.
I have always known that there were house plants that were dangerous for pets, but it is good to have a definitive list. Please comment below and add other plants that you know of that could be toxic to pets.
10 PET FRIENDLY HOUSE PLANTS:
- Spider Plant
- Areca Palm
- Bamboo Palm
- Boston Ferns
- Ponytail Palm
- African Violets
- Phalaenopsis Orchids
- Air Plants
- Zebra Plant
I hope my lists are helpful! Let me know in the comments below if you are familiar with more dangerous or safe plants for cats and dogs!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,