Content marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing and distributing content for a targeted audience online.
Your content marketing strategy should be focused around your “why.” Why are you creating content?
Organizations typically use content marketing to build an audience and to achieve at least one of these profitable results: increased revenue, lower costs, or attract attention to a brand.
The starting point for any content marketing strategy is something called a ‘situation analysis’. This is basically a snapshot of your company. It should detail
- The services you offer
- What you offer that differentiates you from other brands
- Your target audience
- Your current position in the company
- Your company’s strengths and weaknesses
- Potential opportunities
- Potential threats and
- Your company’s aims for the immediate and long-term future
You then want to describe your company’s target audience. The best way to market to someone is to understand the way they think, what they like and what they want. Your target audience description should include:
- Are my customers conservative or innovative?
- Leaders or followers?
- Timid or aggressive?
- Traditional or modern?
- Introverted or extroverted?
- How often do they purchase what I offer?
- In what quantity?
- Where do they spend most of their time on the internet?
- What platforms are they using?
The next step is to set a marketing goal. This should detail:
- What you want customers to do
- How you want it to affect your statistics e.g. do you want a 20% increase in revenue generated from social media platforms?
- When do you want to achieve this goal by? Set a date!
Next, you want to figure out what marketing tactics you want to use. Use the information from your previous brainstorming to choose an ideal platform (s), frequency, type of content e.t.c.
Finally, you want to set a budget, a reasonable one within which you can do the content marketing outlined.
Are you stuck with how to go about doing this? Maybe you want to outsource the creation your content marketing material or want help coming up with a content marketing strategy? You can employ a content marketing professional to do this for you. Often, they will offer helpful services such as competitor analysis, keyword research, a SEO analysis of your site and an analysis of your target market’s browsing behaviors (the types of sites they are visiting and at what time of day).
Check out this link to get in contact with SEO Expert. The content marketing strategists that are sponsoring this post. See how they can help you. If you have any questions send SEO Expert a message!
Igor Lav – Main Contact of This Post